Thursday, October 11, 2007

Library Redux

The Library Task Force finally met. The frustrations in procedure were clearly expressed by many of the teachers and the Library Aide.

I would rather not get into all of the details in such a public forum, but I can express the outcome and my reflection on my place within this situation. The procedural issues were cleared up rather quickly as the rationale behind the procedural changes are very clearly stated in the task force's goals. Make the library a more friendly environment.

The personnel issues were handled by myself and the High School Principal. We both made it clear what we felt was not being done. We set out very clear steps we felt needed to be taken immediately. The librarian will perform certain tasks over the next few weeks that are usually handled by the aide in order to be sure she is capable of running the library in the event the aide is not there.

No comments: